BUILDING AN INDUSTRY LEADER
On November 1, 1977, Jerry Cowan and Dwayne Holden officially founded Custom Metalcraft, Inc., and were joined shortly thereafter by engineer Gerald Glass. Initially they took on virtually any metal fabrication job they could and built a reputation for specializing in small process tanks and unusual material handling equipment, establishing Custom Metalcraft as an industry leader.
Over the years Custom Metalcraft has been awarded thirty-seven proprietary US and foreign patents, and our equipment lines involve a standard design that can be “customized” to fit the most exacting requirements. Our TranStore® IBC division, added in 1982, manufactures UN rated portable intermediate bulk containers, and the line is now exported worldwide and has been expanded to fit other niche markets, like as the specialty beverage industry, including beer, wine, and distilling applications.
While Custom Metalcraft has seen significant change in the last few years with the loss of founder Jerry Cowan, who passed away in 2018, founder Dwayne Holden in 2019, and Drew Holden in 2021, the company is still growing and moving forward with the values it was founded upon. Today the “family” aspect of the business remains strong with Nikki Holden serving as Custom Metalcraft’s President and other Holden family members remain active in the organization, working alongside our management team and numerous associates, all whom we count as family.
We celebrated our 45th year in business in 2022 and are proud of our journey so far. Today, Custom Metalcraft employs over 150 team members between our three Springfield locations, and with our strong history, continue to look to the future and building relationships, trust, and innovative solutions.
A BRIEF HISTORY OF CUSTOM METALCRAFT
- 1977 – Jerry Cowan and Dwayne Holden officially found Custom Metalcraft, Inc.
- 1978 – Engineer Gerald Glass joins the team.
- 1982 – TranStore® IBC division added to Custom Metalcraft offerings.
- 1985 – Third Custom Metalcraft production facility built in Mountain View, MO and remained in operation until 2021.
- 1995 – Custom Metalcraft chose to expand Dry Product application offerings and sold this line and associated patents in 2005.
- 2000 – Begin offering poly tanks.
- 2001 – A powder coating facility – offering numerous styles of powder coating and Armorthane® truck bed lining – was added to the Custom Metalcraft family in 2001. This business was sold in 2009.
- 2004 – Custom Metalcraft acquired CMC Letco, which has unusual capabilities, fabricating stainless steel as well as exotic alloys such as Hastelloy, Monel, Inconel, Titanium and other specialized metals.
- 2018 – Founder Jerry Cowan passes away.
- 2019 – Founder Dwayne Holden passes away.
- 2021 – Drew Holden passes away.
- 2022 – Custom Metalcraft celebrates 45 years in business with over 150 employees in three Springfield locations.