How to Test if Your IBC Tank is Leak-Proof
- Seal all container apertures.
- Pressurize the container to 2.9 psig using a regenerative air source.
- Coat all the seams and joints with a soap and water solution. (Soap solution recommended is 4 oz of soap to 3 gallons of water.
- Pressure must be held for a period of time sufficiently long enough to assure detection of leaks, but no less than 5 minutes.
- After completion of leak detection, safely depressurize the container.
Care should be exercised when working with pressurized containers, as injuries may occur.